Hi everyone! ^^
Thanks to everyone in Singapore who have responded so well to a casual meetup among us Korean learners! There are currently 21 confirmed people as well as quite a number of ‘maybes’. I’m really happy but a little worried since this is the first time that I’m organizing such a huge meetup! >.< Looking forward to meeting everyone though! Im currently fretting over the venue. Any help will be appreciated LOL (around city hall).
I’ve come up with another idea for a special series featuring Korean learners / bloggers and I’m looking for people to contribute! ^^
Basically, it’s just a series where one/two learners will be featured each week. I hope to get people to share their learning journey, methods of learning Korean, motivations / reasons to learn Korean etc etc.
I would like for the series to become a place where Korean learners can find some motivation, inspiration, 공감 (the English word eludes me..), generate discussion etc or simply just reading about a fellow learner’s story!! So it would be nice to leave a comment if you read the guest posts!
Who can join:
- Basically anyone who are learning Korean – total beginners to fluent speakers!
Do not worry about writing ‘useless / unhelpful / uninteresting’ stuff. There is no such thing as an uninteresting post. Seriously, I appreciate all posts and I’m sure everyone does too!
Things you can write about:
- Outline of your Korean learning journey
- your motivations / reasons (try not to turn it into a total fangirl post ㅎㅎ)
- Methods you use to study Korean / tips?
- Problems / obstacles faced!
- Books you are using / recommend
- Experiences in practicing the language / trips to Korea
The above list is just a suggestion, but free rein is given to all guest bloggers! Audio and video clips of you talking in Korean will be a major major plus, but optional! Don’t be shy about it! We are all in different stages of learning but we pass by the same stages too! ^^
My policy is basically not to edit (maybe just spelling errors or creating headings?) but if you would like me to, you can tell me ^^
When to submit / format:
This is an ongoing series that will have no end (unless otherwise stated in an update to this post). This means that if you see this post 3 years later and is interested to contribute, feel free to email me!
- All submissions should be made with the email title Special Series – Korean learners to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I will get back to you on when your post will be published (depending on number of submissions etc) and send you the link to the post!
- You are free to include links to your social media sites accounts (twitter. facebook. youtube. tumblr etc etc)
- If you didn’t introduce yourself in the post, it would be nice to include a short note on who you are too or any background information you want to include!
- Photos are very welcomed but please have it hosted elsewhere and provide me with the link to the image! (my free space is dwindling fast!)
I have already received 2 submissions so far (even before this formal announcement! xD) and they are awesome! I’ll be sharing them next week ^^