So.. is this post supposed to be a fan account? 😀 I’m not good at this, but let me try. By the way, this is the first time I ever attended a concert, and also the first time I had the standing spots. I’m a huge fan of 2NE1 and I was really excited today 😀
Today was the first ever concert of 2NE1 and it’s also their first show for the NOLZA concert. It was held in Olympic Park Concert hall and today’s show started at 8pm. Me and my friend were there at around 6pm. YG seems to be strict with cameras, so we were not allowed to bring bags (but some did) into the concert and cameras were NOT ALLOWED. We had to deposit our bags at a counter and pay 1000won.
Well, everyone brings in their phone and with the awesome cameras like iPhones, they are fighting a losing battle. By that time, some of the concert goods were sold out. Being a non-fangirl (doesn’t mean I’m not a fan), I didn’t even bother looking at the stores and even more so since I was with a male, older friend. Urm I’m sorry, the girl refused to move so I just took the photo.
We had standing tickets and it was the Diamond area (yellow), which is the closest to the stage 😀 The tickets were numbered and we went to queue at around 6.40pm. The queue was according to area and number. I can’t help but realise that majority of the people were girls and males numbered few and between. Most of them came to accompany their girlfriends.
We were ushered in at around 7pm. The MVs were playing and the camera was filming the audience. It was really funny as every time the camera featured a couple (there were designated couple seats too), the audience went ‘키스 해 키스 해!’ and cheered really loudly when the couples kissed. And boo-ed when they were too shy. O.o The show started at around 8.10pm. I managed to get a really really good spot, so I was something like 3rd row from the left and from the front. So this means the stage was just a few metres away and the extension stage too! There were only girls around me and I was surrounded by tall guys behind/beside me. haha no crazy fangirls to push me around and I had a lot of space around me.
The girls were SO PRETTY. Seriously, and they looked healthy (not too thin). CL was dazzling and I couldn’t help admiring her figure and legs 😀 Park Bom was really pretty, even more dazzling in person. I loved Minzy’s hair color and Dara was not too thin (surprisingly, since she looked thin on TV). Most of the time, I was watching CL and Bom.
Throughout the concert, CL had the most energy, Bom was doing aegyo, Minzy was doing her dance moves and Dara was being her usual cute self!
It’s so hard to blog coherently, so I’ll just tell you the highlights of the show
- CL sang in English. One of them was a really sexy song, but one of those ‘I don’t need men’ kind, and the audience went high. I’m not familiar with English songs but it’s supposed to be from Jojo-Marvin and Nicki Minaj.
- There was a cute guy dancer. He appeared various times and during the dance battle, he took off his shirt! (nice abs)
- Bom wore a really awesome wedding dress (the mini-dress that showed off her legs) during her solo song (Don’ cry). Completed with the wedding veil. She sat on a seat that was raised into the air. That was really beautiful.
- all the backdrops and lights were awesome!
- Taeyang was the guest!!!! He had a dance battle with Minzy and showed off loads of cool moves. He spent a lot of time on my side of the stage and basically he was just a few metres away!
- He appeared to have a very good complexion (heh makeup I know) and his mohawk is so awesomeee
- They had a dance battle with the rest of the dancers and he lifted up his shirt a little to tease the audience
- Performed Superstar and Where you at!
- Minzy performing Taeyang’s 나만 바라 봐
- Minzy’s dance moves
- During the intermission, they had a video of the youtube parodies of 2NE1’s songs and it was an awesome idea!! 😀 The video also featured the members talking about how they feel about such parodies!
Favorite Performances of the night
- Fire – so classic!!!
- I’m the best
- Hate You
- CL’s solo performance
(so hard to choose, I liked everything!)
CL and Minzy had the strongest live vocals. Seriously, CL was just full of energy. Park Bom was awesome but sometimes she didn’t sing for a line or two and Dara was a little weak and soft at times. But Dara sounded really good for Ugly. Being seniors, Taeyang was the real performer and I think he stole the show for a good while 😀 It’s like a prelude to how awesome The Big Show will be 😀 He had really good live singing but of course, I’m sure 2NE1 will be the same with more experience!
Most of the time, the girls were on the central stage and CL and Bom (my biases) were on my side!! 😀 I had a really clear view of everything and I’m really really happy~~! 😀 It was an awesome first concert!
The ending was really great as the girls went up to the standing seats so that they could interact with the audience there. I think Bom and Dara even took some of the urm blackjack towels and lightsticks and took them back up on stage. They made an effort to connect with the audience and eye contact too!
The girls enjoyed themselves on stage, especially Dara and CL. ^^ Seeing them so happy performing made me feel really good too.
The fanchants were superb 😀
Random shot of a guy’s shoe on the subway ride back home. Wonder if it was real or not?